Sunday, August 28, 2016

First post!

I have been stressing and stressing about what to do as my first post. I can think of many many things that I want to post but none seemed to be good enough for THE FIRST POST. So I have given up and am just posting something that I knew I wanted to post :)

Back in July I went over to my friends Nae (from Hey Nae Daily) and a catch up come scrap night. I had so much fun just chilling with her and brought nearly my whole scrap room. Seriously multiple trips from the car were required!

First up I pulled out my open book collection. I had a bunch of bluish coloured chipboard stickers left and knew I wanted to create a layout of Eddie. These photos were taken in June 2015 by Rana Rankin Photography and I love them so much. I have since added a bit or journalling between the title and the photos in black ten explaining that he actually wasn't five yet and just some bits about his personality at the time. I am trying so hard to use up my open book collection. I love it so much that I keep hoarding it instead of using it. Slowly making progress. 




It took a lot of chatting, a dinner break and playing with a stamp set to complete this one so that night was wearing on. After I tidied up my desk space and I decided to pull out a cut file from Jen Schow and use a photo that I have been wanting to scrap for a very long time. It is one of my favourite photos with one of my favourite anecdotes from when Eddie was a baby and nothing ever seemed good enough for it. I was super inspired by a video Jen made using the same cut file and knew I had better get it done while I was still excited about it.

I dug out a super old sticker set (the massive dream word) and Flying High collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio to complete this one. After pulling all the dvds of the shelf Eddie fell asleep holding Sleeping Beauty and its was oh so sweet so I knew I wanted to use a quote for the title. Once upon a dream was as creative as I was getting. Even though I had planned on backing each of the hearts with patterned paper I thought it looked better with only a handful done. Behind the photo is some hidden journalling along with another photo that is a bit more zoomed out.



By the time both of these were finished it was the wee hours of the morning and Nae and I were both exhausted. Our beds were calling!

Thanks for reading lovelies! Be sure to check back soon - I plan on posting again tomorrow :) x


1 comment: